Yasue's recipe 🍃 Homemade instant miso soup recipe
Homemade instant miso soup recipe
Get your body better adjusted after the holidays with the healthy soup!
What is miso? Miso is a smooth fermented bean paste (mainly soybeans with Koji malt). This paste is a Japanese traditional seasoning that has rich protein and "Umami", it also contains lots of beneficial bacteria.
There are many different types of miso which are linked to the identities of regional cuisines. Differences in colour and flavour of miso indicates how long the paste has been fermented. Miso can be used in many kind of dishes, dressings, sauces, stews, marinades including soups. You can find miso in many grocery stores and online.
Miso soup is a traditional Japanese soup and one of the easiest ways to take miso. For this recipe, I thought of an easier way to make a miso soup, using ingredients that are available in supermarkets in the UK. I also imagined a taste that would be easily accepted by first-time miso soup eaters. By adding a small amount of Fermented Green Papaya Enzyme into this instant soup paste to combine miso, this can make a healthier dish that helps promote your gut health as a result of the synergies.
16 bowls of soup
・200 g Miso (used Rice miso)
・1/2 sheet (21x9.5cm or 2 g) Nori seaweed for Sushi
・1 tsp Tahini (Sesame seeds paste)
・10 g Vegetable stock of choice
・2 g Fermented Green Papaya Enzyme
⭐️ Tips about ingredients
・When selecting miso, choose products with simple ingredients made using traditional methods(e.g. only soybeans, rice, and salt) .
・Powdered or paste of vegetable stock can be used.
- Cut the nori into small pieces with fingers and sprinkle over the miso in the bowl. Mash well the vegetable stock with fingers then put it into the bowl. Add Tahini and Fermented Green Papaya Enzyme too.
- Knead with a spatula so that all the ingredients in the bowl are well mixed.
- Put the instant miso soup paste in a clean covered container then flatten the surface. Cover tightly and store it in the freezer until before to eat the miso soup each time.
⭐️ Tips about method
・Option to double or triple this recipe.
・Store in a covered container in the freezer for up to 1 month.
How to make a Miso soup with the Homemade instant miso soup paste.
- Prepare boiling water, 150 ml per cup. Chopped spring onions or chives to taste. Take the instant soup paste container out of the freezer. Scoop 1 tsp (about 12-13g par 1 bowl) of instant miso soup paste into a soup bowl.
- Pour a small amount of boiling water and dissolve the miso well with the teaspoon. Add chopped spring onions or chives to the bowl.
- Pour in the remaining boiling water and mix well. Enjoy while it's hot.